✨Tips for losing weight (and keeping it off!) ✨
1. Make sure you’re eating at a healthy deficit. I went the BMR x activity level route and created a deficit from there, using your TDEE should give you roughly the same number if you want to use that (google em for more info and links to calculators). I recommend a deficit of 500-750 for a steady, consistent weightloss. I personally just counted calories while I was losing weight but iifym is always a good route to go too. Once you’re at a weight you’re satisfied with slowly increase how much you’re eating, it was at that point I stopped counting calories.
2. Slowly transition to healthier eating habits. I know if I had tried to go from how I was eating (basically only junk and fast food), to how I eat now (about 80% natural whole-foods or “clean” and 20% whatever else), I would have made it like a week before quitting. I knew the healthy things I did like and incorporated those right away and swapped the junk for more natural, organic brands (like Annie’s!), I was still having processed food, but in proper portions and away from the artificial ingredients and preservatives I was basically addicted to. From there I gradually just kept eating healthier, trying new fruits and veggies, making more things from simple ingredients, and finding things that I as a super picky eater enjoy eating. 🍎🍌🍳🍪
3. Find workouts you enjoy. In the beginning I was only doing at home workouts, then I took up running and fell in love with it, then I started lifting weights and fell in love with that, then I hurt my knee running 😿 so I started mainly just lifting weights and getting more into that and using the elliptical for cardio so I could also read 📚. So find whatever it is you enjoy doing and fall in love with it whether it’s lifting, swimming, yoga, running, crossfit, zumba, whatever it is that gets you active and you enjoy! 💃
4. Find what motivates you. For me it’s wanting to take care of my health and do what’s best for my body and mind. I also want to get stronger both physically and mentally. Figure out what drives you to want to be a healthier version of your current self and dig deep into those desires when you need an extra push.
5. Drink a lot of water. Just do it. 💦
6. Learn what works for you, if things aren’t workin, try to adjust some things, try something new, research other ideas, see if you have a food allergy if that’s a concern. But stick with it because if you keep making healthy choices you can only move forward.